Provide technical support to diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and debug complex supply chain software solutions. Utilize technologies to proactively troubleshoot and resolve technical issues that arise post implementation, and respond to situations where product support has failed to resolve issues. Develop custom modifications, design new functionality, fix code issues, and perform system configuration. Lead projects and provide support to clients through installation of additional functionality and client training. Suggest product improvements based on user feedback.
The Principal Software Developer will design, develop, code, test & debug specialized systems and applications, and will assist in preparing specifications to meet client needs. One must have experience that includes heavy client interaction.
The Principal Software Developer must apply an understanding of cutting-edge systems and operations technology.
There will be direct interaction with all levels of the client’s organization.
- Four-year bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree in computer science, engineering or related technical field.
- 8 years of experience developing, supporting or implementing [packaged] application software.
- Requires up to 25% travel (must relocate to Atlanta)
- 6 years of experience working in OS400 operating system
- 6 years of experience developing in RPG computer language
- 6 years of experience developing in DB2 / 400 databases
- 6+ years solid full life cycle development or consulting and complex proprietary/packaged software implementation experience
- CL/400, RPG/400, RPG IV and ILE experience
- Must have strong verbal/written communication
- Technical project/process management experience
- 24/7 On-Call Customer/Production support experience a plus
- Knowledge of PkMS, WMS, Inventory Management or Order Processing systems is a strong plus